Friday, April 01, 2016

Apple Blossoms

Apple Blossoms, © B. Radisavljevic
Since I've been delinquent in keeping up with this blog, I'm trying to get back in gear by taking up the A-Z Challenge that begins today.  The requirement is to post at least one photo a day of subjects in alphabetical order with a few words to explain the photo. Sunday is a day off. My theme will, of course, be plants and gardening.  I will begin today with Apple Blossoms. 

Here is a wider view of the apple tree in bloom.


Apple Blossoms, © B. Radisavljevic


These apple blossoms are in a very old tree on my Templeton property. I've been here for 23 years, and the tree was mature when I arrived. It's not a perfect tree. It has a couple of dead branches that need to come off. It is decorated year round with Spanish moss. But when it comes to bearing fruit, it's the most reliable fruit tree we have.

I guess one doesn't have to be in perfect health to stay useful. One has to make the best use of what one has left, with God's help. That's what this tree did. See what happened with a couple of other damaged trees. 

Apple Blossoms


Post a Comment