Friday, April 01, 2016

Apple Blossom Time


I love Apple blossom time. It happens in May. 

These apple blossoms are in a very old tree on my Templeton property. I've been here for 23 years, and the tree was mature when I arrived. It's not a perfect tree. It has a couple of dead branches that need to come off. It is decorated year round with Spanish moss. But when it comes to bearing fruit, it's the most reliable fruit tree we have now.



Apple Blossom Time
Apple Blossoms on a Mature Tree, © B. Radisavljevic

I guess one doesn't have to be in perfect health to stay useful. One has to make the best use of what one has left, with God's help. That's what this tree did. See what happened with a couple of other damaged trees. 



Apple Blossom Time
Apples on Tree , © B. Radisavljevic

Whenever the apple trees bloom, this song comes to mind: "Apple Blossom Time"




I love apple blossoms so much I made myself a hat  to remember my favorite apple tree. You can get one, too, or, if you prefer, a set of stickers or a greeting card to remember this lovely time of year.





Apple Blossoms, © B. Radisavljevic


I wrote this post to begin the 2016 A-Z Challenge  The requirement was to post at least one photo a day of subjects in alphabetical order with a few words to explain the photo.  My theme is, of course, plants and gardening.  

5 comments:

Linda said...

Those blossoms are beautiful and this tree seems to be highly productive. Happy A-to-Z challenge.

Summer said...

wow! great post about "apple blossoms"

S. Lincecum said...

Impressive fruit production from the tree! We just moved and now live near Ellijay, Georgia, where there are lots of apple orchards. They are bare at the moment. Can't wait to see them in full bloom. Good luck with the challenge!

Evelyn said...

Beautiful pictures! I grew up in the midwest, in Michigan, where the state flower is the apple blossom. Thanks for sharing, and good luck with the challenge!

Magla Learner said...

It's great to see the apple blossom out, then spring really HAS sprung!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...