Thursday, January 22, 2015

Almost Daffodil Time

As I was trying to pull out some grassy weeds last week, I was surprised to see daffodil plants pushing their way through the ground and into that grassy mess. It's not the first one I've seen in the past couple of weeks. I'm wondering how long it will take them to bloom?

It's very frustrating to be under doctor's orders not to do any gardening while you see more weeds creeping in every day. I want to pull them before they take over. I need to be patient and wait another couple of weeks. I want to get that grass out of there.

I took this photo today, and it looks like it will bloom any day now. Last year the first daffodils bloomed here on January 27.








This is another plant that's even closer to blooming, I think. It was also taken today. It's right at the front of the flower bed and doesn't have as many weeds around it. In fact, I have little daffodils pushing their way through the soil all over my Paso Robles garden. By the time I am able to get to my Templeton home again, the daffodils I planted there should be in bloom.

Evidently, It's not just daffodils. I also saw a few tulips poking their heads up today. I think I planted more than these, but these are all I see now. I'll be watching for more. I'm glad the bulbs will start to bloom soon. The calendula flowers could use some company. And a bit more attention from me.






Calendula and Kale on January 18, 2015

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...